It has come to our attention that there has been quite a few NSFW spam-bots that has been invading FYP! posts during the past month.
We are doing our best to report all of them to Tumblr.
In order to be safe, don’t click on any links that seem suspicious and most importantly report the post/user to Tumblr.
Reporting them will help the team at Tumblr catch these bots and ensure that it doesn’t bother anyone else.
Thank you and Stay safe !
Pilot Wave Hydrodynamics:
This week FYP in collaboration with FYFD brought to you an exclusive Tumblr series.on Pilot Wave Hydrodynamics. In case you had missed it out, here’s an overview:
1) We started with Chladni & inverse Chladni patterns – Basically normal modes of vibration on a plate with a subtle twist.
2) But what happens if the vibrating medium was water? This lead to a discussion on Faraday instability;
3) Along the way, we discovered that at the right excitation, droplets placed atop a vibrating bath could be made to walk & bounce.
4) Using many of these bouncing droplets one could form extremely stable complex lattices
5) Then we started to subject the system to quantum experiments such as the single and double-slit experiments,
6) And found that they formed similar diffraction and Interference patterns with the bouncing droplets as well ..
7) Maybe it was luck, so we tried quantum tunneling.
8) But even that was reproduced on the macroscopic scale using these bouncing droplets
9) Absolutely fascinated by what we had seen thus far, we then explored Pilot wave theory in its raw essence and its potential as an interpretation for Quantum mechanics
10) Hoping that this fascinated you, we left you with a treasure of useful resources to aid you in your ecstatic adventure.
We hope you enjoyed this journey that spanned almost two centuries’ worth of scientific discoveries, feel free to share with us your thoughts, comments, and questions on this series.
Have a great weekend!
– FYP! & FYFD
Pilot Wave Hydrodynamics – A Tumblr series
FYP! in collaboration with FYFD is bringing you an exclusive Tumblr series on Pilot wave hydrodynamics. There will be a new post on FYP! and FYFD all through next week (Jan 8 – 12) exploring pilot wave hydrodynamics.
This has been the topic of spectacular experimental investigations and revelations
(and controversies too) in Fluid Dynamics & Quantum Mechanics in recent times.
On Monday, we begin this journey in the labs of Michael Faraday and Chladni; And then embark on an exciting adventure through decades of research to arrive at where we are today.